Tuesday 8 January 2013
MEMORANDUM SUBMITTED TO SHRI KAPIL SIBAL, HON`BLE MINISTER OF COMMUNICATIONS &IT BY NFPE ON 08 th JANUARY, 2013
No. NFPE/GENL/2013 Dated 07 -01-2013
Sri. Kapil Sibal,
Hon’ble Minister for Communications & IT,
Government of India,
New Delhi - 110 001.
Sub: Submission of memorandum - Request for grant of time for a meeting with Hon’ble Minister (C).
This memorandum is submitted with the most fervent hope that your goodself will be condescend to intercede on our behalf to settle the following problems of the Postal and RMS employees including Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
1. (a) Grant of Civil Servant status to the Gramin Dak Sevaks and extending all
benefits of the departmental employees to GDS.
(b) Enhancement of Bonus ceiling to 3,500/-, Revision of cash handling norms, Full protection of monthly wages (TRCA), Introduction of Health Scheme, Removal of 50 points condition for compassionate appointments, Filling up of GDS Mailman posts.
2. Stop abolition of about 17093 posts for the year 2005 to 2008 ordered as per Department of Posts OM No.25-12/2008-PE-1 dated 19-11-2012 and restoration of all abolished posts.
3. Revision of wages of Casual, Part-time and contingent employees with effect from 01-01-2006.
4. Remove the restriction of 5% imposed on compassionate appointments and grant of compassionate appointments in all eligible cases as being done in Railways.
5. Cadre restructuring of Group-C, Postmen, Mailguard and MTS employees of Department of Posts.
6. Revision of Overtime Allowance rates.
7. Abnormal delay in grant of HSG-I promotion to eligible officials. An explanatory note on each issues mentioned above is also enclosed herewith as Annexure-I.
We most humbly request the Hon’ble Minister to be kind enough to grant us time for a meeting to present our views on the above items before the
Awaiting favourable response,
Secretary General, NFPE.