Tuesday, May 31, 2016
NATIONAL CO-ORINATION COMMITTEE
OF PENSIONERS ASSOCIATIONS.
13/c Feroze shah Road,
New Delhi. 110 001
We send herewith a copy of the NJCA Circular letter dated 27th May, 2016. The same is self-explanatory. You could see there-from that the Government might not positively react to the demands placed by the NJCA over the recommendations of the 7th CPC. Simply raising the minimum wage by a few rupees without any consequential change in the fitment formula or pay matrix will not bring about any tangible benefit. The revision of the minimum wage along would benefit only those who are likely to be recruited to the cadre of MTS in future. As you are aware, the 7th CPC had not accepted any demand of the employees. It is beset with dissenting notes in many chapters. The fight between the personnel in the organized Group A Services and all India Services had triggered such dissenting note on the part of the Member who retired from the IAS. A significant section of the Secretaries to various Departments, we were told, were against any revision over the recommendations of the 7th CPC. In any case, we are to await the outcome of the discussions at the NJCA meeting scheduled to be held on 3rd June, at New Delhi.
Coming to the issues pertaining to the Pensioners, we must recall that the 7th CPC had rejected almost all the demands unanimously placed before them by the Pensioners organizations. While tendering oral evidence the Staff Side had inter alia pressed for the parity for the past pensioners before the Commission, especially in the background of the granting of one rank one pension to the Defence Personnel. It is ironic to note that the Defence Ministry which had piloted the demand of the Ex-service men for one rank one pension i.e. parity between the past and present pensioners has now taken a stand against such parity for civil servants. No personnel either in the organized Group A services or All India Services would stand benefited by the present recommendation of the 7th CPC except a few as most of them were in receipt of almost time bound promotion in their career. The modified parity one must recall has only benefited the upper echelons in the bureaucracy. One can understand that the Govt. refusing to make improvements over the suggestion made by a Commission. But it must be most intolerable when the Govt. refuses to implement a recommendation which was the outcome of a persistent presentation jointly by almost all the beneficiaries. The plea advanced for non acceptance of the recommendation is the alleged impracticability due to the non availability of the relevant records. Should the pensioner suffer for the reason that the concerned department of the Government has not kept the records properly? It is the most callous approach and must be resisted with all the force that we can command. We cannot afford to have this situation to develop. We are certain that most of the individual pensioners would be able to provide the requisite information needed to consider the first option in the pension fixation to the concerned department and most of the Departments would be able to verify the same with the available documents with them. We must however await the decision of the NJCA in the matter.
In the meantime, all affiliates will take such action needed to mobilize the pensioners and undertake a serious educational campaign.
Copy of National Joint Council of Action circular letter dated 27.5.2016
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GROUP-C
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION POSTMEN & MTS
ALL INDIA RMS AND MMS EMPLOYEES UNION GROUP-C
ALL INDIA RMS AND MMS EMPLOYEES UNION MAIL GUARD & MTS
ALL INDIA POSTAL ADMINISTRTIVE OFFICES EMPLOYEES UNION
ALL INDIA POSTAL ACCOUNTS EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION
ALL INDIA SBCO EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION
ALL INDIA CIVIL WING EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GDS
Central Headquarters , New Delhi-110 001.
PF-01(e)/2016 CIRCULAR 31.03.2016
1.All Circle Secretaries/Divisional/Branch Secretaries.
2.All CHQ Office Bearers of NFPE and affiliated Unions/Associations.
GDS MEMBERSHIP VERIFICATION
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND IMMEDIATE TASK ELECT AND SELECT AIPEU-GDS AS THE ONLY ONE RECOGNISED GDS UNION
As all of you are aware Department of Posts has commenced the process of verification of membership of Gramin Dak Sevaks for grant of recognition. The AIPEU-GDS was formed in the year 2012 and the Federal Council of NFPE held at Hyderabad in 2013, which is the highest decision and policy making body of NFPE, has decided to grant “Associate Membership” to the newly formed AIPEU-GDS. For the last four years, AIPEU-GDS is functioning without recognition and joined all the programmes of NFPE including strike. During this four year period it had conducted two All India Conferences and formed Branches in all the 22 Circles. After formation of AIPEU-GDS, it is the first membership verification taking place.
There is no doubt that the AIPEU-GDS will get recognition and shall become number one recognised GDS Union, with flying colours. But that is not enough - we should make the AIPEU-GDS as the only one recognised GDS Union in the Department of Posts. It is not impossible.
For fulfilling the above task, all Circle/Divisional Branches of NFPE affiliated Unions/Associations and also all CHQ office bearers are hereby requested to take immediate action to implement the following directions of NFPE.
1. It should be ensured that Circle/Divisional Unions of AIPEU-GDS is formed in all Circles/Divisions.
2. The name, designation and official address of the Circle/Divisional Secretaries should be intimated to “Com.P.Panduranga Rao, General Secretary, AIPEU-GDS, 1, Patel Road, Shadipur, Dada Ghosh Bhavan PO, New Delhi-110 008”. Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: 09849466595. Divisional Secretaries should inform the above particulars to Circle Secretaries also.
3. Still there are some divisions where the branches of AIPEU-GDS are not yet formed, inspite of repeated instructions from NFPE. All those Divisions where the branch of AIPEU-GDS is not yet formed should form the Branch Union or at least an Adhoc Committee at Divisional level with a Secretary or Convenor before 15th April 2016. The name, designation and official address with pin code and mobile number of the newly elected Secretary or Adhoc Committee Convenor should be intimated to the General Secretary and Circle Secretary. Wherever Circle Unions are not functioning immediate action should be taken to form a functioning Circle Union or Circle level Adhoc Committee of AIPEU-GDS.
4. It is reported from some circles that some P3 and P4 Divisional Unions of NFPE has not taken any positive action to form the Divisional Branches of AIPEU-GDS. Not only that in some limited divisions, the rival GDS Union, which is campaigning against NFPE and has formed separate unions for Group-C and Postmen/MTS in the name of “UNITED” to break our P3 and P4 Union and thereby to destabilise NFPE, is given all help and assistance by the some P3 and P4 Unions of NFPE and also holding joint meetings with the rival GDS Union which is no more an affiliate or Associate of NFPE. This is not permissile and is in violation of the directions and guidelines issued by NFPE. It is once again made clear that disciplinary action will be taken against those divisions which refuse to form the branches of AIPEU-GDS and which are still cooperating and extending all help to the rival GDS Union and conducting joint meetings. The recognition of all such Divisional Unions which refuse to carry out the directions of NFPE will be withdrawn without any further notice.
5. Last date for submission of application by GDS Unions for participating in the membership verification process is 31-03-2016. AIPEU-GDS has already submitted application to the Directorate on 18-03-2016. Please note that the name of our union is “AIPEU-GDS”. Department may issue orders fixing the last date for submission of authorisation forms to the Divisional heads, along with the model authorisation form with the signature of an officer of the Directorate. Immediately on publishing the authorisation form by the department all the affiliated unions of NFPE should jointly jump into action and collect maximum number of authorisation forms from GDS of each division. As GDS are working in remote villages, action plan should be chalked out now itself, for visiting each and every Branch Post Office by the NFPE leadership, for collecting authorisation forms signed by the GDS in favour of AIPEU-GDS.
6. AIPEU-GDS is the GDS Union of NFPE and it is the collective responsibility of all Circle/Divisional Unions of NFPE to make our GDS Union as the only one recognised union. Let us take it as a challenge and prove that it is possible.
7. A separate circular issued by AIPEU-GDS CHQ is also enclosed herewith.
Monday, May 30, 2016
CBS, FINACLE, CIS
DEMANDS DAY – 10.06.2016
There is no need to elaborate the miseries and sufferings we are facing at base level after the implementation of Finacle, (CBS & CIS) and the mental torture.
The NFPE and P-III CHQ is aware of the issues and properly placed before the Department vide its letter dated 22.01.2016, 11.02.2016 & 25.04.2016.Further it was brought to the personal notice of the Hon’ble Minister of communication. However, the progress in resolving the Finacle issues is in slow nail causing resentment and unrest amidst officials.
The assurance of the Department on 28.03.2016 in providing two more server by Infosys to solve the Finacle problem has not been carried out yet. The increase in the bandwidth as per the requirement of the office has not been carried out in any circle.
Adding fuel to fire, the department’s recent decision in implementing the Business hours of Post office to the extent of 5 hours for monetary transactions has not been exercised. Some circles like Tamilnadu, Haryana etc. have sought clarifications to prevent the implementation of the decision without minding the existing sufferings of officials due to faulty functioning of Finacle & others and the officials are forced to remain in office in late hours. There is every risk for the women employees to leave office late every day.
For the last ten days, there is poor access and even no access in Finacle continuously throughout the nation affecting the public and staff very badly. This is nothing but due to the incapacity of the servers provided by Infosys. The department is not in a position either to correct things or apply the penal provisions against the vender. The existing position in Finacle is nothing but the last straw on camel’s back.
The recent conversations unofficially held between the Infosys and some staff exhibited in the website will reveal the fact. We must know who is committing mistake after mistake. Whether the officers dealing the Finacle are aware of all the software and hardware oriented issues. Are they simply hearing and acting as per the dictums of the vendors? Howe many times we are going to alter our rulings to suit the requirement of vendors? Will there be any time to the officials to go through the routine daily circulars on CBS functioning in the pressure of work?
We lost our patience. Even though, we suffer voluntarily a lot as we feel it is the transition period, in the implementation of Finacle, it is felt now that without settlement of the Problems, the Department is inclined to proclaim that it has implemented the Finacle more in numbers than the leading banks and also without any Quality and good service to the customer.
Under these circumstances, the NFPE and P-III CHQ has elaborately written a letter to the Department on 26.05.2016, detailing all the problems being existed in Finacle and McCamish and sought remedies within a fort night. In the event of non-settlement, the CHQ has decided to launch the following programme of action culminating to strike action.
10th June - Demands Day - Demonstration at divisional/branch levels
17th June - Dharna in front of Circle office
30th June - Demonstration in front of Dak Bhawan & issue of strike notice. (The date will be decided with consultation of NFPE & JCA constituents)
The major demands put forth in the programme of action.
1. Provide additional servers and solve the Finacle problem
2. Increase the bandwidth as per the requirement.
3. Implement the decision of Directorate on Business hours.
4. Drop all Memos & Charge sheets issued due to Finacle minor mistake.
5. Implementation of action on all the points put forth in the CHQ letter dated 26.05.2016.
This programme is nothing but to save the Postal Service from the existing chaos and confusions. Even though we desire peace, we have been pushed in to the wall. We could not tolerate furthermore.
All Divisional/Branch and Circle Secretaries are requested to organize the programme very effectively and intimate compliance. The NFPE and P-III CHQ will leave no stone unturned in the event of no settlement is seen in this serious issue.
Saturday, May 28, 2016
CADRE RESTRUCTURING OF GROUP ’C’ EMPLOYEES IN DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
Sub: Cadre Restructuring of Group ’C’ employees in Department of Posts.
D.G. Post letter No. 25-04/2012-PE-I dated 27th May, 2016.
The Cadre Restructuring of Group-C employees of Department of Posts has been undertaken in consultation with Department of Expenditure , Ministry of Finance in pursuance of the approval concurrence of the Department of Expenditure vide ID No. 2(45)E.III Desk/2015 dated 12th May,2016 , a list at distribution of the posts containing the existing and revised posts of Postal Assistants, Lower Selection Grade, Higher Selection Grade II & I and also a few HSG-I (Non-Functional Grade) is enclosed for implementation with the following instructions:
a) The post of SPMs in Single Handed and Double Handed Post Offices to the cadre of LSG posts (GP Rs.2800) shown in the annexure now allotted to the Circle , will be placed in the Grade Pay of Rs.2800/- in the Pay Band-I..
b) The post of SPMs in Triple Handed Post Offices, in the extent of HSG-II posts (GP4200) shown the annexure now allotted to the Circle and all other existing norms based LSG Posts in Post offices will be placed in the Grade Pay of Rs.4200- in the Pay Band-II. In no case, the total number of HSG-II posts shall exceed the number of posts allotted to the Circle.
C) Existing posts in HSG-II to the extent of posts now allotted and shown in the annexure , will be placed in the Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- in the Pay Band-II along with the existing HSG-I Posts . Remaining HSG-II posts if any shall remain in the GP of Rs.4200 only. In no case, the total number of HSG-I posts shall exceed the number of posts allotted in the Circle.
d) The Cadre Restructuring of these posts are only in respect of the posts from Postal Side other than the posts of RMS ., Circle and Regional Offices and SBCO Wings.
e) If the revised number of posts is in excess of the existing strength of a particular grade the difference will be deemed as newly sanctioned posts in that grade . Similarly, if the revised number of posts is in a grade is less than the existing strength the number of posts equal to the difference will be treated as having been abolished in that grade.
f) The vacancies arising out of the restructuring will be filled up only from the amongst the official who fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down in the recruitment rules for the post.
g) The new HSG-I (Non Functional Grade) with the grade pay of Rs.4800/- is only for those who are senior most and completed not less than a minimum service of 2 years in HSG-I subject to the number of posts specified for the Circle in HSG-I (Non Functional Grade) (for example the number of NFG officials in AP Circle should never exceed (17) after following usual procedure of non functional upgradation(s).
2. These instructions will be effective from the date of issue of the orders. The actual benefit would however be admissible to the eligible officials from the date of actual promotion.
3. Receipt of the order may be acknowledged. Immediate action initiated and compliance report sent at the earliest.
Assistant Director General (PE-II)
Post a Comment