Bi-monthly meeting with the DPS(HQ), Assam Circle was held on 1st September/2014 and discussed the following new items along with old items. Minutes will follow.
List of Items to be discussed :
- Irregular supply of Postage stamp and Indian Postal Orders by the NESD/GuwahatiIt is experienced in the recent past that the NESD/Guwahati is very irregular in supplying Postage stamps and IPOs to the Head Post Offices despite submission of Indent properly and subsequent reminders by the Postmasters. The public specially the youth applicants for job get frustrated for not getting IPOs and stamps from Post Offices and invites a uncontrollable situation.It is therefore requested to ensure supply of stamps and IPOs regularly.
- Holding of DPC for MACP and Shortage of staff
- The due DPC for MACP has not been done in most of the Postal Divisions resulting in pecuniary losses to the officials. Therefore action may kindly be taken to hold the DPC at all levels
- The problem of shortage of staff(Postal assistant) is a regular phenomenon in Post offices. All the Head Post Offices and big Sub Post Offices are now manned by minimum staff and they are to work as per norms of Project Arrow for which the staff are over burdened. The situation will be further aggravated soon as a huge number of staff are due to retire within two years.To get rid of the problem of shortage of staff in Head Post Offices, works delinked with direct financial transactions are being done by outsourced persons and also by retired persons. The rate of daily wages to be paid is not uniform in the divisions and therefore guidelines in regard to works and daily wages to be paid may kindly be circulated..
- Supply of UPS Battery and Computers:The UPS battery in many Post offices including Head offices ( Viz,Dhubri HPO in Goalpara Divn , Pathorighat, Jamugurihat, Orang, Kacharigaon, Karsantala, Kalaigaon etc. in Darrang Divn) are found condemned/damaged and back up time is minimum or not giving back up at all. Therefore probability of adverse effect to the hardware/software can not be ruled out. Further it is felt that at least 2 to 3 additional computers are necessary for every Head Post Office for immediate replacement in place of computer showing default.It is therefore requested to cause necessary action to replace the condemned UPS battery and supply of additional minimum 3 Nos computers to every HPOs.L.P.SaikiaC/S, Gr’C’
Post a Comment