The Bi-Monthly meeting between the Director of Postal Services (HQ),Assam Circle ,Guwahati and the representatives of NFPE P –III was held on 01.09.2014 at 11.00 hours in the Office Chamber of DPS(HQ) ,Meghdoot Bhawan,5th Floor, Guwahati.Following officers and staff representatives were present.
1. Shri Riju Ganguly, 1. Shri L.P. Saikia,DPS(HQ),Assam Circle, Circle Secrtetary,P-III
Guwahati (NFPE) Union
2. Shri A. Hye, 2. Shri Tiken Kalita,
Assistant Director(WLF), President,P-III
Circle Office,Guwahati (NFPE) Union
Following old and new items were discussed.
1. No.2.11/P-III/1/DPS/08: Dilapidated condition of the latrine &Urinals of
Guwahati GPO, Meghdoot Bhawan.
Ø PCD,Guwahati has been instructed to carry out necessary repairs of all the pettyrepairing works in the Guwahati GPO within 30.09.2014.
2. Review of application for appointment under compassionate groundØ The matter has been disposed off at this level. It may be taken up in another forum ,if
it is felt necessary. However, an application may be submitted for Ex-Gratia grant
to the appropriate authority.
(Item closed)New Items
1. Item No. 1/P-III/2014:- Irregular supply of Postage stamp and Indian Postal Orders by the NESD/GuwahatiIt is experienced in the recent past that the NESD/Guwahati is very irregular in supplying Postage stamps and IPOs to the Head Post Offices despite submission of Indent properly and subsequent reminders by the Postmasters. The public specially the youth applicants for job get frustrated for not getting IPOs and stamps from Post Offices and invites a uncontrollable situation.
It is therefore requested to ensure supply of stamps and IPOs regularly.
Ø On the basis of all pending indents submitted by Supdt. NESD to ISP Nasik, a D.O.
Letter would be addressed to the GM, ISP Nasik by DPS(HQ), and would be followed up by letter to DDG(PG & QA).
2. Holding of DPC for MACP and Shortage of staff
(b) The problem of shortage of staff(Postal assistant) is a regular phenomenon in Post offices. All the Head Post Offices and big Sub Post Offices are now manned by minimum staff and they are to work as per norms of Project Arrow for which the staff are over burdened. The situation will be further aggravated soon as a huge number of staff are due to retire within two years.
(C) To get rid of the problem of shortage of staff in Head Post Offices, works delinked with
direct financial transactions are being done by outsourced persons and also by retired
persons. The rate of daily wages to be paid is not uniform in the divisions and therefore
guidelines in regard to works and daily wages to be paid may kindly be circulated.
Ø (a) A consolidated instruction regarding time- bound process involving MACP would be circulated to all Divisions seeking compliance by 31st October,2014.
Ø (b) This would be improved once the results of the PA/SA examination is declared.
Ø (C) Rates for engaging outsourced personnel (skiled & unskilled)would be circulated.
Action :AD(Staff),C.O.,Guwahati/All Divisional Heads3. Supply of UPS Battery and Computers:
The UPS battery in many Post offices including Head offices ( Viz,Dhubri HPO in Goalpara Divn , Pathorighat, Jamugurihat, Orang, Kacharigaon, Karsantala, Kalaigaon etc. in Darrang Divn) are found condemned/damaged and back up time is minimum or not giving back up at all. Therefore probability of adverse effect to the hardware/software can not be ruled out. Further it is felt that at least 2 to 3 additional computers are necessary for every Head Post Office for immediate replacement in place of computer showing default.
Computers, supply was made to all Divisions including RMS Divisions against each condemned ones in February/2014.At present no case is pending at CO.
L. P. SaikiaCircle Secretary, Group C